McCallum Group is a boutique legislative advocacy firm where our clients are 100% referred, our efforts are laser-focused, and our access to influence is deep and multi-dimensional.
We’ve been told that our approach to creating change is unique. Here is how we do it. Please keep in mind that these “phases” are not necessarily linear in practice:
- Analyze with a passion for results: McCallum Group is known for our depth of analysis of the issues and our understanding of where to go, what to do, and who to influence.
- Synthesize with a reverence for public policy: Creating change requires marrying your analysis to an appropriate public policy argument. We can streamline and maximize your efforts.
- Strategize with an eye for objections: We’ll help you figure out where you need to be and build consensus within your organization around the strategy before you move forward. We’ll agree on goals, roles and responsibilities and a plan for success. And, we’ll help you anticipate potential opposition from other constituencies or public officials.
- Innovate with a solutions-oriented approach: We open lots of boxes and never limit ourselves when it comes to solutions. “Think big and be bold” is our approach.
- Leverage with a coalition when necessary: Aligning perspectives and drawing together those with just the right grassroots influence for the creation of change is our specialty.
- Articulate with a well written, appropriately sponsored bill that will help get you more of what you want. Getting the right author and drafting the bill correctly is half the battle, and something at which McCallum Group excels.
- Know when and how and who to influence to oppose a bill, instead. Sometimes the best way is to maintain the status quo or at least keep legislation you’d rather not see enacted from happening in the first place. McCallum Group is vigilant about keeping an ear to the ground and our eyes open to legislation that may not be in our clients’ best interests.
- Create change via a non-legislative path. Many times the best way to create change is the path not yet taken. McCallum Group’s creativity can often help you get to where you want to go without utilizing legislation at all. Call us to learn more.
- Drive the momentum. Keeping things moving forward is half the battle in the process of change. McCallum Group helps create consensus and then drives the momentum of aligned perspective forward.
- Prepare to shift gears at any time. McCallum Group’s ability to discern the signs of change in the political environment and shift gears in the blink of an eye is invaluable to our clients.
- Repeat. Absolute, enduring results-oriented perseverance is something we specialize in. Over, and over, and over again.
- Assume the idiosyncratic: Sometimes things go better than you expect. Sometimes you discover a different approach is necessary. Being adaptable, dogged and persistent in the chaotic environment of California politics is key to McCallum Group’s success.
- Know your players: Access to deep relationships based on integrity and trust and maintained over nearly three decades offer a distinct advantage to McCallum Group clients.
- Timing is everything: Bring in an advocate as early in the game as possible. The process takes longer and requires more planning (and deadlines) than most people realize. The sooner you call us, the sooner we can begin helping you create change. 916-446-5058.